Liebster AwardPosted: January 20, 2013
Thanks to Laura at pajarigirls, I’m the proud recipient of a Liebster! (My husband said, “Lobster? Someone gave you a lobster?”) It’s an award that fellow bloggers bestow on “up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.” Hey, I’m up-and-coming, who knew? The word ”Liebster” comes from the German language and can mean “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Laura said she nominated Trophydaughter “because I want more people to read your words and know they are not alone.” Wow! This really touches me and is something I want too. Laura also said (bless her) that she couldn’t believe I qualified in the “Less than 200 followers” department. You know, me neither, because who doesn’t want to read the rants of a mad sister trying to bring her sibling back to life and rid the world of stigma while teetering, herself, most days on the edge of insanity?
When I first started this blog I thought, “If you write it, they will come.” Doesn’t really work that way so I’m discovering. But I refuse to be a numbers gal. If even one person takes away something of value here, it is enough.
So here are the Liebster rules (because you know us Trophydaughters are all about the rules;-)
1. Thank the person who nominated you. (Check!)
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
4. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (and notify the bloggers that you nominated them!)
5. Write 11 NEW questions directed toward YOUR nominees.
6. You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog.
7. You paste the award picture into your blog, Google it or steal mine.
11 Random Facts:
1) I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Has definitely earned its spot on the best seller list.
2) My corgie wears TinkleTrousers.
3) The last iPad app I downloaded was Nook.
4) My lab/boxer mix wears Thundershirts.
5) I will always regret never having learned to play the drums. But not enough to actually buy a set and take lessons 🙂
6) I drive one-handed with my left hand at 7:00 on the steering wheel. It’s the only thing I do left-handed. Just trying to get in touch with my inner South Paw, I guess.
7) I’m strongly considering selling the house and moving into a warehouse condo downtown. That or a very tiny house preferably under 1000 sq. ft.
8) I’ve been married for 26 years to the same man and sometimes I dream we’re just still dating. Wonder what Freud would have to say about that.
9) I’m completely and totally addicted to Downton Abbey. I even PURCHASED season 2 to catch up since I couldn’t find it anywhere online for free.
10) Buying TV shows really grates against my moral fiber. Grrr!
11) The last iPhone app I downloaded was Flashlight.
Questions for me to answer:
1.) Does YOUR sister pick on you, too? Nagging and such?
No, not really. I think she got it all out of her system back in grade school.
2.) When was the last time you shoveled poo?
Uh, like 2 days ago and thanks for asking.
3.) What would be the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
Quit. My. Job. Yeah, baby!
4.) How YOU doin’? (It’s just not the same without an up-nod and a bad Sopranos accent.)
Eh. I’ve been better . . .
5.) What do you want to be when you grow up?
An author. I want to see my name on the spine of a book. And not written with magic marker.
6.) If you could live anywhere on earth (and take whomever you wanted along), where would it be?
Hmmm. This is a daily conversation at our house as we’re not sure we can afford the US after we retire. We’re toying with Costa Rica where you can still purchase an oceanfront lot for $40,000 and live comfortably on $2400 a month.
7.) What do you admire most about yourself?
My ability to read upside down. Ha! I crack myself up.
8.) What would you most like to change about yourself?
I’m the cowardly Lion. If ever I make it to Emerald City, I’m going to ask the Wizard for courage.
9.) What are you waiting for?
A metal. Or as Stan would say, a chest to pin it on.
10.) Why did you start blogging?
Susan talked me into it.
11.) What is the most-watched movie/DVD in your collection?
Hmm. That’s a hard one. I’m a big fan of watching movies over and over and over. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables (so I’m a big fan of kid lit, what about it?), Mama Mia
Questions for my nominees:
1) Why did you start writing a blog?
2) What are you currently reading?
3) How would you describe your singing voice?
4) What gives you the giggles?
5) What’s your favorite movie one-liner?
6) If you could have one do-over, what would it be?
7) What’s your fav Chinese dish?
8) How are you going to change the world?
9) When is the last time you sobbed, truly sobbed?
10) What do you want to be remembered for?
11) Who’s a tough act to follow?
As for nominees, not everyone shares the number of blog followers they have. If this applies to you, please know this nomination does not imply any assumptions on my part. It just means I enjoy your blog and not posting your follower stats makes you fair game 🙂
And the nominees are (in no specific order):
…But She’s Crazy
My Bipolar Bubble
Let us not mince words
The Witty and the Mundane
Narcissism – One Woman’s True Story of Marriage to a Narcissist